Monday, February 19, 2007

Play doh perfume


I’m not one of those lucky (?) people like Mary Karr or Frank McCourt who have childhood memories which remain crystal clear and vivid with detail. My childhood appears to me like a black and white silent film that sometimes has flashes of color or sound. So when my son opened his first container of play doh last year, I inhaled deeply. The chemically-fresh-minty scent brought back a whole host of now-technicolor enhanced childhood days.

My son busts out his play doh every few days so I always get my fix, but if you don’t have your own tot, then play doh perfume may be for you. It says in the marketing materials that it’s for ‘highly creative people’ but I’m doubtful. I think it’s just fun.

Play doh cologne is $39.5 for 4 oz, $19 for 1 oz at demeter fragrance

No comments: